Lynne Brick, RN
President and Founder
Health & Fitness
- Internationally acclaimed fitness expert.
- Considered one of the leading group exercise instructors in the world.
- 1990 IDEA (The Association for Fitness Professionals) Instructor of the Year.
- 1994 BodyLife Germany International Presenter of the Year.
- Technical coordinator for BodyVive, a group exercise program distributed internationally by Les Mills, International (LMI).
- Featured in over a dozen exercise videos including the highly acclaimed Buns of Steel series.
- On the committee for Augies Quest for ALS & the American Red Cross’ women’s Tiffany Circle.
- A member of the Board of Psychiatry for Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Has conducted training workshops for fitness professionals in more than 25 countries.
- Motivational Speaker and Author.
- Is the author of Fitness Aerobics published by Human Kinetics.
- Is a contributing author for Fitness Theory & Practice, which is a comprehensive resource for fitness instruction published by the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America.
- Sits on the Board of Directors for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and IHRSA, the International Health Racquet and Sportsclub Association.
- Invite Lynne to Speak
- Co-founder and owner of “Brick Bodies Fitness Services, Inc.” which owns and operates a chain of co-ed and “Lynne Brick’s” women-only health clubs in the Greater Baltimore area. Brick Bodies
- Brick Bodies is the 11th largest women-owned business in the Baltimore area.
- Brick Bodies also provides consulting services for health clubs and fitness professionals and produces exercise videos.
- In 2008 was the first woman to be inducted into the Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce Hall of Fame.
- Watch Victor introduce Lynne as an inductee into the Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce Hall of Fame
- 2004 Ernst and Young Maryland Entrepreneur of the Year.
- In 1991 Brick Bodies Padonia named one of the top 25 gyms in the United States by SELF Magazine.
- In 2010 Brick Bodies was named the Best Mom and Pop Shape-Up Spot in the United States by Fitness Magazine.
- Brick Bodies has been named Smart CEOs “Future 50″ four years in a row.
- Three times been named “Top 100 Women in Maryland” by The Daily Record, thus qualifying her for inclusion into their Circle of Excellence.
- Recognized by The Daily Record for her business acumen with the “Ms. Maryland Business 2002″ award.
- Bravo Women in Business Winner in 2008.
Family & Education
- 1978 graduate of Towson University with a B.S. in Nursing.
- Prior to her career in fitness, practiced nursing for seven years at the Maryland Shock Trauma Center, the first shock trauma unit in the world.
- Has been married to her business partner, Victor Brick for 34 years.
- Has two children, Vicki, age 30, who played basketball at Maryland and professionally in Australia and the Philippines and Jon, age 25, who played basketball at The Citadel and professionally in Peru. Both now manage a Brick Bodies health club.
- Played varsity tennis and performed in the dance company while at Towson University.