CEO and Co-Founder
- CEO and co-founder of “Brick Bodies Fitness Services, Inc.” which owns and operates a chain of Brick Bodies co-ed and “Lynne Brick’s” women-only health clubs in the Greater Baltimore area.
- Owner of Planet Fitness-Maryland, a budget health club chain.
- With 27 (20 Planet Fitness & 7 Brick Bodies) locations and 200,000 members between the three brands, owns the largest health club chain in Maryland.
- Currently has 6 locations in Tennessee and 2 locations in Florida with hopes to open more.
- Brick Bodies Fitness Services also provides consulting services for health clubs and fitness professionals, and produces exercise videos.
- Named 2014 Planet Fitness Developer of the Year.
- 2014 named Top 50 Influential Marylanders by the Daily Record.
- 2013 Planet Fitness Franchisee of the Year Award.
- 2013 Brick Bodies is named one of Baltimore’s Top Workplaces among midsize companies.
- In August 2013, the new Brick Bodies Padonia location is named Best New Gym by Baltimore Magazine.
- In 2010 Brick Bodies was named the Best Mom and Pop Shape Up Spot in the United States by Fitness Magazine.
- Brick Bodies has been named Smart CEOs “Future 50” five times.
- Consults for the fitness industry on marketing, promotions, staff management, program development and facility design.
- Author, motivational speaker, and fitness personality.
- Has presented workshops, lectures and keynote addresses in over 25 countries around the world.
- In 1991 Brick Bodies Padonia named one of the top 25 gyms in the United States by SELF Magazine.Has been published in numerous industry publications and has appeared on local and national television and radio.
- In 1990 named by IDEA Health and Fitness Association as “Business Person of the Year.”
- The author of two health club management manuals (The Aerobic Program Policy Manual and The Health Club Associate Policy Manual)
- Has produced seven highly acclaimed exercise videos featuring Lynne Brick, his wife and business partner, an internationally acclaimed fitness expert regarded as one of the world’s leading group exercise instructors.
- Holds memberships and certifications with IDEA, The Association for Fitness Professionals, the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Reaches audiences of entrepreneurs, business owners, and executive management on topics including time management, balancing body chemistry for peak performance, diet, exercise, nutrition, and energy.
Education & Personal
- Graduated from Towson University where he competed in track and earned a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education and a Master of Education.
- Is a certified tennis instructor
- Has coached college basketball.
- Has been married to his business partner, Lynne for 36 years. (You know what they say? Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law!).
- Has two children, Vicki, 33, who played basketball at the University of Maryland and professionally in Australia and The Philippines, and Jon, 29, who played basketball for The Citadel and professionally in Peru. Vicki is the Vice President of Brand Management and Jon currently consults for the company.