Brick Bodies Mask Policy
The Brick Bodies Mask Policy has been updated and adapted directly from the “State of Maryland Best Practices for Fitness Centers” document and the “Baltimore County 7-23-20 Interpretive Guidance” document:
- Members should always wear face coverings in the club when not actively engaged in exercise. This includes when you enter or exit the club, when you interact with others, and when you are walking about the club.
- When exercising, members are encouraged to wear face coverings if able to do so safely. A face covering should be worn when engaging in non-vigorous exercise.
- If wearing a face covering safely is not possible due to vigorous exercise, members should increase the distance between themselves and other members as much as possible.
- For simplicity, vigorous exercise includes all group fitness classes and all cardio equipment. It also includes high intensity interval training, and such strenuous activities as heavy Olympic lifting or pushing a weighted sled back and forth on the turf.
- If you remove your mask to exercise, you must put it back on between sets. You must also wear it to walk anywhere in the club, including to get equipment, fill your water bottle, talk to a friend, or use the locker room.
- This policy must be followed for the safety of everyone. If a member of the Brick Bodies team, or even another member, asks you to adhere to the policy, it is not acceptable to react in an angry or disrespectful manner. If you feel you are being asked to do something outside of this policy, please remain respectful and address your concern with management.
We will update you if the local government makes any changes that affect our mask policy.
More Details on the Brick Bodies Mask Policy Below:
It is not okay to simply ditch your mask once you enter the club. Even if you remove it while actively engaged in exercise, you should always keep your mask with you and wear it when moving about the club.
- Classes and Cardio: If you do not feel you can safely wear a mask while participating in a class or using cardio equipment due to the intensity of your exercise, you may remove it for the duration of the workout as long as you remain safely distanced from others. When you are finished exercising, you must put the mask back on to walk through the club.
- Free Weights and Pin Loaded: If you do not feel you can safely wear a mask while lifting weights due to the intensity of your workout, you may remove it while actively performing the lift and as long as you remain safely distanced from others. You must put your mask back on between sets. This applies whether you are walking about and talking to others, or even if you remain seated alone. Your mask must be worn when retrieving equipment or getting water.
- Working with a Personal Trainer: Your trainer must always wear a mask. You must wear a mask when walking through the club and interacting with your trainer and others. If you do not feel you can safely wear a mask while engaged in vigorous activity directed by your trainer, you may remove it as long as you remain safely distanced from others. Please slip your mask back on between sets and if you need to retrieve equipment or get water during your session. And of course, please put your mask back on after your session when you walk through the club.
- Aquatics: You must wear a mask at all times before entering the pool and after exiting the pool. A mask does not need to be worn while in the pool. A disinfected plastic bin will be provided to hold you mask while you swim.
- Stretching Area: activities in the stretching area are NOT considered vigorous, so please wear a mask while stretching. If you happen to engage in vigorous exercise in this area requiring you to remove your mask, please make sure you are safely distanced from others and please put your mask on between sets.
- Locker Rooms: For the safety of others, you must wear your mask in the locker rooms. You may obviously remove your mask in the shower. You may also remove your mask while standing at a sink if you are brushing your teeth or shaving. Please wear your mask at all other times in the locker room.
We hope the day will soon arrive when health experts announce masks will no longer be required. Until that time, members must adhere to the Brick Bodies mask policy in order to protect themselves and others in the club. We believe it is the right thing to do because the safety of our members and our team is our top priority. Members who will not adhere to the policy or who behave in a disrespectful manner toward our staff will risk having their membership suspended or revoked.