Lifeguard Training – Reisterstown
AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD Training
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (with Blended Learning)
Show the world what you are made of, be a Lifeguard!
Course length: Approx. 20 hours classroom, 7 hours at home preparation after Pre-Test
Purpose: The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course is to provide lifeguard candidates with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies; to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries, and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel takeover. This class is offered both online and with instructor-led skill sessions. Upon registration students will be sent an email giving them access to the online site where they will be responsible for doing course work at home as instructed to prepare for the instructor-lead portion of the class. All online work must be completed before the first class meeting.
To be able to continue in this course, participants must complete the prerequisite swimming requirements.
Pre-Test Swimming Requirements
- Swim 300 yards continuously, using only Freestyle or Breaststroke.
Note: There is no time requirement for this skill, but the participant may not stop during the swim.
- Timed Event: Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive to a depth of 10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the 10 pound object which must be completed in 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Note: The candidate must hold the object with two hands and must keep his or her face above the water. Breaststroke or rotary kick is suggested but not required.
- Tread Water: The candidate must tread water with no hands for 2 minutes.
Important Information: All pre-requisite skills must be demonstrated to continue with course, no refunds will be issued for failure to complete pre-requisite skills. Candidate must attend all classes and pass all written and physical tests to successfully complete course.
Lifeguard Course Requirements and Information
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of this course.
- Certification Requirements: Attend all class sessions, successfully perform all required skills, successfully complete three final skill scenarios; and pass the written exam with a minimum grade of 80 percent or better on each section.
- Certification Validity – Lifeguard Training/First Aid/ CPR/AED – 2 year.
Contact Cait.Moss@BrickBodies.com with any questions or call the club at 410-833-3386
*Registration space is limited.
*I understand that in order for Brick Bodies to confirm my space in this class payment must be made in full. Refunds will only be given if unable to take the course for medical reasons; a doctor’s note must be turned in to Brick Bodies in order to process this request. I understand that my registration in this course does not guarantee successful completion and that no refund will be applied if for any reason I do not successfully complete the course.