Why Speed & Agility MatterThe ladder is a perfect tool for improving both speed and agility. Defined as the ability to change the position of your body quickly and accurately. Although this is a seemingly easy physical task to perform, it requires the careful interplay between several major systems in your body, including strength, balance, coordination, and neuromuscular activation.
You may also like: Trainer Fit Tip Of The Day
Inherent within agility is the necessity for speed, or for our purposes, moving super fast. Even if you’re not a competitive athlete, it’s worth your while to develop these physical skills, and using a ladder is one of the most effective ways to do this.
- Alternatively referred to as an Agility Ladder or Speed Ladder, this simple tool has some profound benefits for your health and physical performance, including:
- Increased joint stability
- Better balance and body awareness (especially important for injury prevention)
- Improved strength and resiliency of connective tissue, including muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Excellent challenge to your cardiovascular and aerobic system
- Improved mental focus and cognition